Cops probe altercation outside CIQ in Johor following viral video


JOHOR BARU: Police here are seeking the individuals involved in the physical altercation outside the Customs, Immigration, and Quarantine Complex (CIQ) in Bangunan Sultan Iskandar (BSI) to help with investigations into the case.

Johor Baru South OCPD Asst Comm Raub Selamat said that police were notified about a 14-second video on Friday (May 26) showing an altercation between two men on the motorcycle lane outside of BSI.

“The two motorcycle riders were being held back by people at the scene. So far, no police report has been lodged over the incident,” he said in a statement here on Saturday (May 27).

ACP Raub added that those with information about the incident were encouraged to come up to the nearest police station to lodge a report.

Earlier, a video was posted on Facebook showing a man being strangled by another man, with others trying to stop the duo on a road.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Viral , Social Media , Fight , Police , Crime

Others Also Read


Want to listen to full audio?

Unlock unlimited access to enjoy personalise features on the TheStar.com.my

Already a member? Log In